OUP Our Lives Today Social Studies Grade 5 Trs (Approved)
by C. Kamau, M, Indire, H. Cukuru, S. Farah and T. Muthoka
Our Lives Today Social Studies Teacher’s Guide, Grade 5
Our Lives Today is a series specially written to provide practical experiences that support the acquisition of skills for the Competency-Based Curriculum. Books in the series have a wide range of activities that learners will find exciting and motivating. The activities are aimed at the acquisition of the core competencies, values, and pertinent and contemporary issues (PCIS).
The Teacher’s Guide, Grade 5 has a wealth of practical activities for developing competencies and values in learners. It supports teachers by offering the following:
• A detailed introduction to the Competency-Based Curriculum.
• Comprehensive teaching guidelines for the lessons.
• A detailed work schedule to help teachers pace the lessons.
• A sample lesson presentation to assist the teacher to plan the lessons.
• Helpful hints on class management, group work, and differentiated learning.
• Detailed assessment guidance.