Advancing in English Form 3 by Vikiru
This is a ground-breaking and comprehensive English course specially written in line with the new syllabus for secondary schools. The structure and functions of English in this course are taught through imaginative and stimulating reading passages, value-added illustrations and activities which are carefully graded and reflect the rich cultural variety of the world students live in. The Advancing in English course emphasizes that language is primarily for communication and must be both integrated and contextualized.
The course makes teaching enjoyable and captivating by;
- presenting sequentially well -organised skills: speech, reading, grammar and writing.
- integrating text and illustrations to boost understanding.
- giving numerous highly educative indoor and outdoor activities.
- employing a user-friendly approach which is well-centred on the learner’s own environment to ease comprehension.
- covering emerging and contemporary issues such as gender, corruption, the environment, HIV and AIDS among others.