OUP Growing in Christ CRE Grade 5 Trs (Approved)
by H. Onyango, J. Watiki, D. Rutere and G. Atogoh
Growing in Christ Christian Religious Education Teacher’s Guide, Grade 5
The Growing in Christ series is specially written to provide practical experiences that will build the learners’ knowledge and understanding of the Christian faith, as well as equip them with values, skills, and attitudes that will assist them to live well with self and others. Books in the series have a range of activities that learners will find exciting and motivating. The activities are aimed at acquisition and appreciation of the core competencies, values, and pertinent and contemporary issues.
The Teacher’s Guide, Grade 5 has a wealth of practical activities for developing competencies and values in learners. It supports teachers by offering the following:
• A detailed introduction to the Competency-Based Curriculum
• Comprehensive teaching guidelines for the lessons.
• A sample scheme of work and a lesson plan to assist the teacher to plan the lessons.
• Helpful hints on class management, group work, and differentiated learning.
• Detailed assessment assistance.