Advancing in Mathematics is a new course that fully covers the new Kenya Secondary School Mathematics Syllabus. The series: Uses a learner-centered approach, emphasizing on activity and discovery by students. Uses simple language, appropriate to the level of the learner. Approaches concepts in a simplified manner. Provides a variety of well graded exercises for each subtopic. Provides highlights (in screens) of the main concepts and formulas, for easy reference, especially quick revision. Provides points of interest, wherever possible, such as a short history behind a given concept, in order to make the learning of mathematics even more enjoyable. Has a comprehensive teacher’s guide, providing, among other things, guidelines on how to teach the various concepts and answers to exercises. Advancing in Mathematics Form 4 is the fourth title in a series of four titles. It provides a comprehensive coverage of the new Mathematics Syllabus for Form 4.KShs754.00KShs754.00
by Mary Ademba, Henry Mwangi, Jackson M. Muturi
This book undertakes comprehensive coverage of all the topics for Form 4 Chemistry based on the revised syllabus 2002.
The course employs a student-centred approach, which attracts and sustains learners’ Interest in the subject. The following special features have been achieved in the book:
Thorough discussion of all the topics.
Reviewing of related concepts.
Discussion for all experiments.
Provision of appropriate class activities and experiments to help stimulate the learners’ creative and critical thinking.
Use of relevant examples within the learners’ environment to aid them to appreciate chemistry around them.
Revision questions at the end of every chapter and KCSE model test papers for student self-evaluation.
Use of illustrations to enhance understanding of the concepts.KShs700.00
This category contains Geography form 4 notes as aggregated from the various high school approved text books, including KLB. It covers the entire Geography form 4 syllabus, for the preparation of national and local exams.
Certificate Physics is a four-year course developed for use in Secondary Schools. The course is written in line with the new Kenyan Syllabus (2002) and covers all the outlined topics. It has been developed with both the student’s and the teacher’s needs in mind. It draws heavily from the local environment, especially the available resources. The student-centred approach used in the course will enhance the learning of Physics at this level and beyond.
This is the fourth book in this series and is meant for use in Form Four. It is written using simple language, and it is well illustrated with clearly worked examples. There are clearly guided experiments meant to create and sustain interest in learning of Physics.KShs563.00KShs563.00
Chemchemi za Kiswahili ni mfululizo mpya wa vitabu vya Kiswahili ambavyo vimetayarishwa kwa kufuata silabasi mpya kwa shule za upili. Kitabu cha Chemchemi za Kiswahili, Kidato cha Nne kimezingatia mambo yafuatayo:
- Vifungu vya ufahamu vya kuvutia na kusisimua vitakavyompa mwanafunzi mafunzo na mazoezi teletele.
- Maelezo na ufafanuzi mustahili wa vipengee mbalimbali vya fasihi andishi na fasihi simulizi.
- Ufafanuzi kwa kina kifaacho kuhusu uandishi wa kawaida, uandishi wa kiubunifu, uandishi wa insha na utungaji wa kisanii.
- Uwasilishaji murua na unaoeleweka wa vipengee tofauti tofauti vya sarufi pamoja na mpangilio mpya wa ngeli.
- Usomaji wa makala mbalimbali katika magazeti, majarida, vitabu n.k.
- Mafunzo na mazoezi ya kusikiliza na kuzungumza yanayoburudisha na kushadidia vipengee mbalimbali muhimu kwa kuzingatia kiwango cha mwanafunzi wa kidato cha nne.
- Mifano kabambe ya karatasi za mtihani wa Kiswahili zenye muundo mpya wa mtihani hitimishi wa KCSE.